A brand new game
for Windows, HTML5, 3DS Homebrew, iPhone, Android TV and more,
13th March, 2017
I tried "World of Castles" on my Android test device for the first time, yesterday.
"Out of Memory" was the main warning.
And I couldn't quite figure out where it was happening, since the game doesn't actually use anything more than the regularly sized "Grid" array which has been in all my games since about 2010 or so.
About 3 or 4 hours later, I'd finally managed to track down most of the "Out of Memory" issues to the uncrunching function, which I'd used to compress the map data. I tried to fix it, but in the end I found it easier just to leave the entire uncompressed world in the game, rather than struggle to fix it!
The .apk and Win.exe both shot up by another 500 or so Kb..
Now, thankfully, the game seems to be working on the Archos Gamepad 2. I've yet to test it on the Razer/OUYA, but I'm hopeful that it won't have any problems on there.
In general, if something works on the Gamepad, it's likely to work elsewhere, too.
He says, pretending there's nothing wrong with it!!
Daily Doodle : Standing Firm
This little rat just won't budge, but Platdude thinks it'd be too cruel to whack it over the head.
Move, rat! Move!!
The memory failed.
Too much in it's mind.
I hope that I fixed it.
Or the game lags behind.
If you'd like to stuff my mailbag, (Please do!!) you can do so right here, at http://bit.ly/AGAW_Mail. Send comments, questions, game ideas, thoughts and more, and they'll usually show up on my daily blog, the very next day.