A brand new game
for Windows, HTML5, iPhone, Android TV and more,
All the tracks in this ALBum are ALChoon reinterpretations of some of my favourite tracks by Pulp. They come from the entire catalogue of Pulp albums and singles, but as with all AL-Bum's, they are not strictly "remixes", and are, instead, reinterpretations of the songs in a new and unique manner.
As a result, I've given this album the subtitle of..
"Something Borrowed - Something New"
Total 20 tracks
Yesterday was full of background tasks.
I added a HSV colour function, fiddled with line-thickness, got a vague "plot" working.
I'm starting to find that the large tasks aren't bad.
The issue is with all of the small ones.
It's hard to remember to tweak all the things,
That are needed to fix all the problems.
Scanning through the checklist,
There's not much more to do.
But I still have to write a framework.
Which feels so fresh and new.
Spent tonight going through my todolist, checking things off, and generally fixing a few things that aren't quite up to 100% yet.
Working through my code again,
I fix up all the strings.
I hope that that's the final time,
I have to tweak the things.
I struggled for about an hour with C Strings, or rather Char* strings.
They're a total pain in my backside, so at the start of the project I opted to do something that I thought would be "quite clever"
Oh, volatile, fickle strings of C.
I forgot how much I hated thee.
I allocate your memory,
Which later I must also free.
I probably shouldn't, yet, but I feel that things are at a decent enough point that I can make a start on things.
I still have oodles of things to add to the Engine, like proper load/save functions, and doing online URL requests for the online leaderboards.
And, of course, I've still not got the new engine running on iOS, yet. That definitely needs doing!
Time to start work on my Framework anew,
With Menus and Scoreboards and more.
I know what will work, and the things not to do,
As I've done this a few times, before.
OK, a fair number of tweaks in the past few hours (and a nice big nap, too!)
I'm now running Ubuntu32Bit, and have recompiled the Benchmark test with (hopefully!) all the important libraries Statically Linked, thus apparently making for a more compatible ".exe"
You can grab the Benchmark Test here.
If it runs, let me know.
More importantly, if it doesn't, let me know!
Thanks, again, for any and all testing.
Seems the crash in the Linux code was happening when it tried to stream a .wav file, so I had to rejig a whole bunch of stuff to get it working again.
After all of that rejigging, the Benchmark test now runs 100% on Linux, which is nice.
If you'd like to give the benchmark test a try, You can Download the test here as a .tar.gz.
The test has been compiled using GLFW3 and OpenAL, under Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, with the g++ command, because that's all I could currently get it working with!!
You'll no doubt have to set permissions and other gubbins to get the thing to run, but if you're a Linux user, you're probably already an expert at managing that kind of stuff. (I'm certainly not!!)
If you do try it, be sure to let me know if it runs, at all!!!
And if it does run, let me know the results from the debug.txt once it's finished.
Thanks for testing!
The Benchmark thing from the other day starts running well on the Linux setup, but seems to crash after about 2 minutes..