A brand new game
for Windows, HTML5, iPhone, Android TV and more,
This isn't as much of a painful goodbye,
As I've said all of that once before.
But it still is a shame to be saying farewell.
I just wish we had time for some more.
After a good number of days working on this, I've finally got it up to a mostly functional state!
For now, you navigate the controller using "default" buttons, so hopefully that works well enough to allow for that.
I've still not started work on the thumbsticks, yet, but the code does at least allow for analogue controls, so it shouldn't be too hard to add.
Such a struggle to get to this point.
The new control system is coming together nicely, but the redefine functions are a bit messy, right now.
My laptop's getting slower.
I'm really not sure why.
If I have to buy another one,
My bank account will cry.
My monthly calendar reminder popped up, last night, to remind me to do all of my "full" backups.
Sitting and waiting for all of the things,
As they're updating all of their files.
I back up my laptop, the iPhone and iPad,
With iTunes and all of it's trials.
All the tracks in this ALBum are ALChoon reinterpretations of some of my favourite tracks by Pulp. They come from the entire catalogue of Pulp albums and singles, but as with all AL-Bum's, they are not strictly "remixes", and are, instead, reinterpretations of the songs in a new and unique manner.
As a result, I've given this album the subtitle of..
"Something Borrowed - Something New"
Total 24 tracks
Having a lot of these, lately! Perhaps it's a sign that things are getting close to the end?
.. Or maybe I'm so far from the end, I'm starting to get frustrated, and drift off the plan!
The server went down.
I stayed up and waited.
The fix took all night.
And now I'm deflated.
With the controller doing proper feedback, now, it's time to look into integrating it into the framework.
The end of the year is closing fast.
I've still got so much left to code.
The framework is so very far from complete.
And the iOS one still won't load.
It's taken quite a while to get up to this point, but I now have the engine half-doing a "Which button is pressed" function.
I can push a keyboard button, or tap a button on a connected controller, and the engine says "This button!"
There's a slight issue, whereby if a button is held, it takes control.
For example, if you're playing on the keyboard, but your gamepad's lying on the floor, and the thumbstick is prodded to the side, then no matter what button you try to hit, it always says "Joystick Axis 1"..
Over and over and over.
I need to fix that, somehow. I'll have to setup some kind of "ignore" list or something.
But the button pushes are working, and the values are being returned, and I ask it "What's the name of the button" and it works a treat.
I'm fairly confident that this will make for a great set of functions to go with the redefinable key stuff.
That was a busy day of number wrangling, I can tell you!!
I started the rewrite of the controller code, last night.
Digging deep, I realised I could probably reuse quite a lot of the old code, since the engine already grabs Joystick data each frame, as well as using a bunch of good-old fashioned numbers to do a lot of the legwork.
Struggling to write,
All the things that I need.
Coding a framework,
Is a hard task indeed.