A brand new game
for Windows, Linux, Mac, HTML5, 3DS Homebrew and more
Progress On.. Progress Off...
21st June, 2010
I'm definitely sticking to that 90 minute thing, it's just that, right now, you can't see it!!
Yesterday I fixed up a few things over at Socoder.net. I added a nice upload gallery on the right, and fixed up a few little annoying bugs that needed tweaking.
Then, at 10pm, I decided to make a new game.
And the game went well.
And the game got done.
And I was happy!
(Note, this is 2 90-minute sessions!)
At the start of the game, I considered redoing it for the iPod, so I took the time to figure out the sizes, so that it'd all fit on there.
At the end of the game, I started to get all creepy and paranoid.
I haven't played a game like that, and I quite like it.
It's fun, it's puzzley, and it's got legs.
But... If I put the Blitz game online, now, someone might nick it!!!!
(because it's really easy to do!!)
I wondered how easy it would be to do.
Then I went to bed.
Then I kept wondering.
And I starting coding it in my head, and working out a way to get the spritesheets to work, and figuring out how to get the titlescreen going, and doodling all the backgrounds in my head.
Then I realised I'd had WAY too much coffee!
No matter, up I got
At 3:30 in the morning, I trundled over to the Mac and powered everything up.
I was half-asleep, I was full of caffeine, but I gave it a go.
I didn't quite get to the point where I started added gameplay, but I'm really happy about the fact that I managed to get some lovely card-flipping sprites onto the screen, and managed it all within the space of only 3 hours, whilst half asleep.
View on YouTube
Then I went back to bed...