A brand new game
for Windows, Linux, Mac, HTML5, 3DS Homebrew and more
iPhing Dev Continued : Cardagain!
25th June, 2010
My mum had a couple of games of Cardagain, today!
That's how far along it's come!!
In less than a week, I've not only finally managed to get a grip on the language, I'm actually making a pretty damn good game, too!
In the next couple of days, there's still a few bits and pieces to work on.
1. The menu is really really barebones at the minute, showing 4 items, but only having one clickable one.. (New Game!)
2. The loading screen could do with being switched for an AGameAWeek thing.
3. Maybe a title tune/jingle's in order? But I'm not sure it's essential. I've a fair few games on here without any music.. I think there's a bunch of dev'rs just assuming people are listening to music.
.. or just too lazy to add music!
4. Pause mechanism, threefold. It should pause when you hit pause.. It should allow for a pause after each round (if you ask it to do that).. and it should also pause when you hit the power button, 'cos it keeps running in the background whilst the system's on standby! yikes!!!
5. Oh, and loading and saving, too. Need to learn that!
On the other hand, I also need to make this week's game, so there's that too..
What to do...?