A brand new game
for Windows, Linux, Mac, HTML5, 3DS Homebrew and more
25th January, 2019
Didn't get an awful lot of coding done, yesterday.
My mind was unsure whether to make the Chess game into a puzzle or an action game, and it was as though that decision clogged up my mind to the point where I didn't actually do anything at all!!
Instead, then, I did a few tweaks to the way the SpriteGen works, hoping to get a bit more out of it.
I added in the flower generator, and then did some background tweaks to the general engine in the hope of achieving a slightly better style.
I've added a 1024 pixel option, which expands the canvas to be large enough to fit such a large sprite, but everything else was simply behind-the-curtain tweaks that you'll never notice.
Methods of doing alpha blending and other such tweaks.
Incidentally, This Page lists all the "available" blend modes, and although a number of them do appear to work, there are some that I just can't get to work AT ALL. I tried them on various browsers, just to be sure, but things like "destination-in" seem to fail no matter what I try.
No matter, everything else seems to be functional, and I don't think I've broke anything.
Today's plan : Back to the chess game.