A brand new game
for Windows, HTML5, 3DS Homebrew, iPhone, Android TV and more,
every week,
unless exhausted!
About Games Pixelart Music Poetry Home Patreon Mailbag Scores JNKPlat Levels
Blog
The Box - Part One
  17th October, 2017


"Hello World" claims the title of the box.
-=-=-

The code in Main.cpp is 3 lines long, and if I'm honest, I could easily compress that into one single line, by removing the newlines around the brackets.

The code requests an Alert.
Alert is held in AGAW_Win.cpp, since it's a Windows specific alert box, and uses a string converter which is held in AGAWCore.cpp, to convert the std:string to a wchar... Because.. Well.. C and Strings!! Grrr!

All three .cpp files are working neatly together.

The compiler is called with an additional parameter that includes AGAW_Win
AGAW_Win then includes Windows.h, and AGAWCore
AGAWCore then includes iostream.

Hopefully I can continue in this manner, in that I can write target specific versions of the AGAW_"Target" files, and then mix them in with the AGAWCore using the compiler's CLI command.

I'm hoping that all the different c++ compilers will let me specify includes as I go!!
If not, I'll need to do a bit of rejigging in order to include the initial file, or maybe even do a little hand-tweaking to get it going properly.

Either way, day one is a success.
It doesn't DO much, but it is indeed a success!

It took AGES to remember how to do all of that, and I'm still not 100% sure I'm doing it right, but for now I've got an exe out of it, and that's good enough for me.

.exe Filesize Watch : 398Kb
It was 16Kb until I added the #include iostream which bulked it up a teensy wee bit!

Views 104, Upvotes 9
2018 Framework
Site credits : PHP script, Site design, Blog posts, Games, Music, Pixelart, Poems and More : Jayenkai
(c) Jayenkai 2017 and onwards.
Blog - The Box - Part One - AGameAWeek